Saturday, February 23, 2008

The newest member of our family

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce you to the newest HB family member.
Since the holidays, we had been talking about the possibility of dog ownership. A few weeks ago, we started researching available dogs and visited some shelters. Last week, we saw a description of a dog online that looked promising and today we were introduced to "Angel," from this point forward known to us as Laila.

We're not quite sure of Laila's lineage (our best guess is Aussie/Border Collie/Retriever mix), but she is very cute and appears to be a gentle and friendly dog. We are looking forward to her warming to us in the next week so we can see her full personality. Here's a quick picture for you to enjoy!

5 comments:

Sutherlun said...

She looks great! Good choice on the name switch. I have to say I'm sorry they nevr called us as a reference, we were looking forward to the opportunity to expound on your pet-loving abilities.
Amy

Laurie M. Lee said...

Go HBs! She looks like a sweet dog. I hope she works out. Avery would love to have a dog. I think that my hands are full with little girls. :-)

Peter Bratt said...

What a beautiful dog. I hope that the allergies stay away!

I hope that all is well with everyone. Another snow storm in AA-five more inches coming tonight:(

Rebecca said...

Jess - cute dog! I am wondering - do you check your PTS alum e-mail? I sent you an e-mail the other day, and then realized I'm not sure how reliable that address is.

See ya,
Rebecca

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.