Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving - St. Simons Style

Having moved so far from our families, this Thanksgiving was a new experience for us. To begin with, we went to the beach on the day before Thanksgiving. I can't say that I've ever done that before - at least not in swimtrunks. Annika was able to bring a friend with her, and Sammy enjoyed his first prolonged exposure to the sun and sand. Jess and I just enjoyed being out of the house without much to do. I guess it's a different season in our lives.




We were invited to share in the Thanksgiving feast of some friends from church. We were very thankful to spend time with such wonderful people. Being with them took the edge off of not being with our own families this year.

2 comments:

Laurie M. Lee said...

Thanksgiving on the beach??? That's really not fair. It's December 1st here and we're having snow today. It's been stinking cold here in Seattle. Everyone says that the climate is mild in the winter, but 30s and 40s doesn't seem mild to me. I want 50s.

keli [at] kidnapped by suburbia said...

Annika cracks me up in that last picture!!! :)